Transperth offering lots of festive travel options
All Transperth bus, train and ferry services will be running over Christmas.
On Christmas Day, Transperth buses and ferries will operate on the Sunday-Public Holiday timetable. There will be no CAT services.
Christmas Day trains will run every half-hour on all except the Thornlie line, with the first services starting according to the first scheduled service on the Sunday-Public Holiday timetable. Thornlie trains will run hourly from 6.52am (to Thornlie) and 7.35am (to Perth) until 11.52pm (to Thornlie) and 11.35pm (to Perth). Patrons should note that some train-bus-ferry connections will be affected.
On Boxing Day (December 26), all trains, buses and ferries will operate on the Sunday-Public Holiday timetable. There will be no CATs.
All scheduled services, including CAT buses, operate on normal Saturday and Sunday timetables over the weekend (December 27-28). NightRider buses will be running in the small hours of Sunday morning.
New Year’s Eve
Normal timetabled services are running through the day on New Year’s Eve. Some bus routes may be affected by road closures in Northbridge, but hundreds of extra bus, train and ferry services are scheduled for the evening, running into New Year’s Day.
As has been the case in recent years, trains will run throughout the night.
Bus services will be boosted on a big number of routes before and after midnight. In most instances, these run through to final departures at 2am-2.30am, with services to and from various key areas until 4am, and the last Circle Route 99 leaving Fremantle at 4.05am.
Ferries operate on a weekday summer timetable until 7.36pm from Mends Street and 7.24pm from Barrack Street, then every 30minutes on the quarter-hour from Barrack Street (until 12.45am) and on the half-hour from Mends Street (until 1am).
Trains run as follows:
- To Perth: every 15minutes until 1.05am, every 30min until 2.05am, then hourly until 5.05am.
- To Mandurah: every 15min until 2am, every 30min until 3am, hourly until 6am.
- To Perth: every 15min until 1.23am, every 30min until 2.23am, hourly to 5.23am.
- To Clarkson: every 15min until 2am, every 30min until 3am, hourly until 6am.
- To Perth: every 30min until 12.49am, every 20min to 2.49am, hourly to 3.49am.
- To Armadale: every 30min until midnight, every 20min until 2am, hourly to 6am.
- To Perth: every 30min until 12.19am, then every 20min until 2.19am.
- To Thornlie: every 30min until 11.50pm, then every 20min until 1.50am.
- To Perth: every 15min until 2.32am, then hourly until 5.32am.
- To Fremantle: every 15min until 2am, then hourly until 6am.
- To Perth: every 30min until 12.30am, every 15min to 2.30am, hourly to 5.33am.
- To Midland: every 30min until midnight, every 15min until 2am, hourly until 6am.
Other than the New Year’s Eve specials running through into the early hours of the morning, all bus, train and ferry services – and the Fremantle CAT – will run on the Sunday/Public Holiday timetable on New Year’s Day. The Perth and Joondalup CATs will not be running.
Normal fares apply on all the festive season services.
Further information and timetables are available from Transperth InfoCentres (at the Esplanade Busport, the Wellington Street bus and train stations, and in Plaza Arcade), the Transperth information offices at the Armadale, Fremantle and Midland interchanges, by calling Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 or from the website www.transperth.wa.gov.au