The McGowan Government has announced a major step forward in bringing railcar manufacturing back to Western Australia, with Alstom announced as the preferred proponent to deliver 246 C-series trains and six new Australind rail cars.
The McGowan Labor Government will build new METRONET railcars locally, helping stimulate the local economy and creating hundreds of new, quality jobs.
Applications opened today for 60 new Transperth railcar drivers - who will be among the first to drive trains on the METRONET Forrestfield-Airport Link.
- Both tunnel-boring machines (TBMs) have broken through into Redcliffe Station
- TBM Sandy arrived at Redcliffe on July 6, and will soon leave the station box
- TBM Grace on final leg to Bayswater Station recently reaching the 5km tunnelling mark
- Around 2000 jobs created as part of the Forrestfield-Airport Link project
- $7.8 million project to build bus depot in Mt Claremont now complete
- Operational from today, the depot has space for up to 55 buses
- New facility is part of future-proofing push for Transperth bus facilities