- Evolve Bayswater Alliance named preferred proponent to design and build the new Bayswater Station project
- Another METRONET project milestone set to create jobs and boost the economy
- New METRONET station will form a junction for the Midland Line, Forrestfield-Airport Link and Morley-Ellenbrook Line
- Project will inject further vibrancy into Bayswater town centre
- Current 1960s structure to be replaced with modern facility
The McGowan Government has announced a major step forward in bringing railcar manufacturing back to Western Australia, with Alstom announced as the preferred proponent to deliver 246 C-series trains and six new Australind rail cars.
The McGowan Labor Government will build new METRONET railcars locally, helping stimulate the local economy and creating hundreds of new, quality jobs.
- Business case for METRONET Automatic Train Control project submitted to Infrastructure Australia
- Long-term investment to allow more trains to run more often
- Meets Infrastructure Australia recommendation to invest in existing infrastructure
- Key part of delivering METRONET and meeting Perth's future growth needs
- Demolition of old buildings begins to make way for Kelmscott METRONET precinct
- Expressions of interest sought for major METRONET project in Kelmscott
- $69 million level crossing removal at Denny Avenue will improve safety and amenity
- Construction expected to start later this year, creating new jobs