- Construction of Transperth's new $2.6 million ferry 80 per cent complete
- Ferry has been built locally in Dongara and is due to be completed in December
- Once complete it will be the newest ferry on the network in a decade
- WA residents will be able to enter competition to name the new vessel
- Transit officers with 15 years of service to be recognised with National Medal
- Medal is awarded to those who protect and serve the community
- 33 transit officers received the prestigious honour today
The Moore Street level crossing in the Perth central business district will be closed from October 1, after consultation with stakeholders including the City of Perth, Royal Perth Hospital, St John Ambulance, WA Police, Western Power, Perth Children’s Court and Main Roads.
WA football legend Graham (Polly) Farmer will be honoured with a state funeral at Optus Stadium on Monday August 26, and Transperth is urging attendees to plan their journey ahead.
The McGowan Government has announced a major step forward in bringing railcar manufacturing back to Western Australia, with Alstom announced as the preferred proponent to deliver 246 C-series trains and six new Australind rail cars.