- Australind train taken out of service for repairs
- New axle boxes required due to wear and tear, with COVID-19 impacting availability of replacements
- Service will be operated by Transwa road coaches and fares heavily discounted
- Six new Australind railcars due for delivery in 2023 as part of a $1.25 billion contract
Work on the $1.86 billion Forrestfield Airport Link is steaming ahead with almost four kilometres of track now laid within the two tunnels of the METRONET line.
- Perth's public transport patronage is back to almost 80 per cent of pre COVID-19 levels
- School students back to almost 100 per cent and pensioners back to almost 90 per cent
- One of the strongest returns to public transport across the world
- Other Australian jurisdictions hovering between 40 to 60 per cent of pre-COVID levels
Young people from the Kalamunda area will have the chance to brainstorm, design and install a large new outdoor mural as part of the Forrestfield-Airport Link project.
Shovels are in the ground as construction commenced today on the new $32 million METRONET Mandurah Station multi-storey carpark.