Transperth passengers on the Armadale and Fremantle lines are being encouraged to plan their New Year journeys well ahead of time, with major service disruptions in early 2021 due to the installation of vital METRONET infrastructure.
The preferred proponent to construct METRONET's Lakelands Station has today been revealed with construction on schedule to start next year.
- Australind train taken out of service for repairs
- New axle boxes required due to wear and tear, with COVID-19 impacting availability of replacements
- Service will be operated by Transwa road coaches and fares heavily discounted
- Six new Australind railcars due for delivery in 2023 as part of a $1.25 billion contract
Work on the $1.86 billion Forrestfield Airport Link is steaming ahead with almost four kilometres of track now laid within the two tunnels of the METRONET line.
- Perth's public transport patronage is back to almost 80 per cent of pre COVID-19 levels
- School students back to almost 100 per cent and pensioners back to almost 90 per cent
- One of the strongest returns to public transport across the world
- Other Australian jurisdictions hovering between 40 to 60 per cent of pre-COVID levels