Mandurah Line weekend disruptions
Starting tonight, train services on part of the Mandurah Line are being suspended for four consecutive weekends to allow work to take place on the Mandurah Entrance Road.
In each case, the train will be replaced by buses.
Trains will not operate between Rockingham and Mandurah Station from 7.30pm tonight until the start of services on Monday morning. This will be repeated on the weekends of Friday January 22 – Sunday January 24, Friday January 29 – Sunday January 31, and Friday February 5 – Sunday February 7.
In each instance, the last full-line train service will be:
• From Perth to Mandurah, departing at 6.45pm
• From Mandurah to Perth departing at 7.05pm.
For the duration of the closures there will be three replacement routes operated by multiple buses to transfer passengers between Rockingham and Mandurah.
• A return service from Rockingham Station to Mandurah Station via Warnbro Station.
• An express service from Rockingham Station to the Mandurah foreshore, returning via Mandurah Station – this will operate only from 9am and 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
• An express return service between Rockingham and Mandurah Stations – this will not operate between 9am and 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Normal timetabled train services will run between Perth and Rockingham.
Passengers should be aware that the replacement bus journey will take longer than the train, which may affect connections, and that surfboards and bicycles are not permitted on Transperth buses – including train replacement services.
Further information about the Mandurah Entrance Rd works, is available from the Project Information Line on free call 1800 671 211 or email email@example.com
For more information about the train disruption, please contact the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TTY: 9428 1999, TIS: 13 14 50), or visit www.transperth.wa.gov.au.
PTA media contact
Telephone: 08) 9326 2526
Mobile: 0438 919 548