Works took place from May-August 2018 to construct a bus-only right-hand turn (RHT) lane at the intersection of Craig Street and Great Eastern Highway in Burswood. The 120m bus lane caters for buses travelling from the nearby Victoria Park Transfer Station and will increase the efficiency of Transperth services while reducing congestion on Burswood Road.
The project included:
- Widening the Craig Street carriageway to accommodate the new bus-only lane,
- Realignment of the concrete pedestrian path on the western side of Craig Street,
- Realignment of kerbing and islands to separate the new bus-only lane from the existing left-hand turn and southbound lanes,
- Associated asphalting and line marking works,
- Installation of signage and bus-only traffic signal.
The project saw the reinstatement of the former service route between Victoria Park Transfer Station and Great Eastern Highway, including the use of two bus stops – on Craig Street (14509 after Burswood Road), and Great Eastern Highway (14451 after Bolton Avenue).
Click map to enlarge