Things are happening at the Public Transport Authority, sustainable, world-class, career-defining things.
With access to leading-edge technology and the support of our expert team, successful applicants to our two-year Graduate Program will work on unique infrastructure projects that deliver direct, tangible benefits to the Western Australian community.
Seize your opportunity to:
- Work for WA’s leading transport agency in a growing industry with long-term employment possibilities;
- Contribute to your community and a more sustainable future for WA;
- And be challenged and supported by an incredible team of people who are invested in your growth and development.
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be offered permanent employment at the Public Transport Authority.
If making a difference is in your nature, you'll be hard-pressed to find a more rewarding place to start your career than at the PTA.
Graduate Program Benefits
Our Graduate Program offers more than a promising a career path in a growing industry.
We value the future leaders of our industry and are committed to providing our graduates with benefits that support their happiness, wellbeing, and growth:
- Individual support from a dedicated Graduate Coordinator.
- A two-year rotation plan designed to develop and broaden your skills through direct business experience in line with your discipline.
- Access to leading-edge technology and opportunities to learn from some of the most knowledgeable engineers, transport professionals, managers, and policymakers in Australia.
- Salary packaging, regular salary reviews, and performance feedback.
- Financial assistance and study leave for further education.
- Structured professional and personal development programs, including support to progress toward Chartered Engineer Status (CPEng).
- Great work-life balance with access to health and wellbeing initiatives, a free gym, and flexible working conditions.
We typically recruit for talented graduates from a wide range of disciplines
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronic engineering
- Cyber security/networking
- Urban planning
Applications for our 2024 Graduate Program are now closed
Vacation Student Program
Voted as one of the top intern programs in Australia in 2023 (AAGE Interns Survey), the Public Transport Authority’s Vacation Student Program is an annual twelve-week program that runs between the end of November through to mid-February each year. Students are assigned a workplace supervisor and complete meaningful work during their placement enabling them to make an active contribution to the PTA.
Applications open in July/August each year and vacancies are generally available in the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Environmental Science
Phone (08) 9326 2909