Revitalisation of the Perth Station Forecourt will improve the area by allowing for a cohesive design and seamless pedestrian connection across the face of Perth Station from Yagan Square to Barrack Street.
The new design aims to celebrate the landmark structure and its prominence in the streetscape, while taking into consideration a number of factors including:
- the need for a fresh and updated look which is consistent from Yagan Square to Barrack Street, including the station entrance
- seamless, secure and safe pedestrian connections
- a design that is reflective of the area and its history
- a way to showcase Perth’s central station and its importance
- improved vegetation more appropriate to the site and new artworks
The work, which started in November 2021, will include:
- The removal of some existing fittings that impede pedestrian flow
- Increased lighting
- Landscaping with a diverse palette of plants
The project is expected to be complete mid-2022.