Works will begin in late 2018 to undertake a minor upgrade of the Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) Nowergup Depot, located east of Ridgewood between Clarkson and Butler Stations. The depot was built in 2004 and is used to stow and service the PTA’s fleet of 68 B-series railcars which operate on the Mandurah and Joondalup Lines. With operation of the Forrestfield-Airport Link due to start in 2020, a further 10 railcars have been ordered, bringing the B-series fleet to 78.
The minor upgrade will increase maintenance capacity at the depot to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of Transperth services.
The project will include:
- Construction of a new maintenance building to service B-series rail cars. The new facility will be located between existing buildings.
- 370 metres of wired rail track through the new maintenance building.
- Associated overhead mast and wiring works.
- 200 metres of unwired rail track to store track maintenance machines.
- A new 800-metre train drivers’ footpath.
All works will occur within the Nowergup Depot.
Approximate project timings:
- October 2018: Release of construction tender (for maintenance building).
- Late 2018: Construction begins (track works).
- 2019: Track works continue; construction of new maintenance building.
- Mid-2020: Project completion.
Click map to enlarge