The $55 million Ellenbrook Bus Rapid Transit Way is a nine-kilometre continuous connection between Ellenbrook Town Centre and Marshall Road to improve access to vital public transport connections, reduce journey times, and decrease traffic congestion in the area.
The project, delivered by Main Roads WA on behalf of the PTA and the City of Swan, also includes building two new sections of road, known as New Lord Street, to improve capacity and improve access to Reid Highway.
The Ellenbrook Bus Rapid Transit Way project includes:
- Building a nine-kilometre two-lane continuous dedicated bus transit way from Ellenbrook Town Centre to Marshall Road, with bus stations at Ellenbrook Town Centre, Henley Brook and Marshall Road, with a future station planned at Youle- Dean Road
- Bus dual bridge or underpasses at Gnangara Road, Park Street, and Youle-Dean Road
- A crossing at Marshall Road
- Two sections of single carriage way road, to be known as New Lord Street, a 2 kilometre stretch between Gnangara Road and Park Street; and a 2.8 kilometre stretch between Youle-Dean Road and Marshall Road
- A further 0.7 kilometre of dual carriageway road linking to Reid Highway
The Ellenbrook Bus Rapid Transit Way is expected to be operational in early 2018.
For more information about the project visit the Main Roads website.