Every year there are more than 150 million passenger journeys on our metropolitan and regional network. To ensure everyone gets home safe every day, it’s essential that safety is at the core of everything we do.
Security at stations and on board services
Some of the security measures we have in place across our system include:
- A sophisticated CCTV system with thousands of cameras across our train and bus stations and within buses, trains and ferries – all feeding into the central monitoring room, monitored 24/7.
- Approximately 400 transit officers and other security and customer-service personnel.
- Emergency call buttons, linked back to the central monitoring room, on all trains and platforms.
- Long-range PA systems on train stations, enabling central monitoring room officers to speak to people displaying anti-social behaviour.
- Major upgrades to station lighting.
- Secure paid car parking at select Transperth train stations.
- Free and secure bike shelters at select Transperth stations.
Safety education and campaigns
We promote the importance of safety to the public through initiatives such as:
Travelling safely on our system
The Transperth and Transwa websites offer a range of safe travel tips for passengers.
Working safely on our system
Employees, contractors and suppliers who work on our network can find safe-working information available at Working with the PTA.