Preferred respondent for new rail line announced
An unincorporated joint venture, comprising Salini Impregilo S.p.A. and NRW Pty Ltd, has been selected as the preferred respondent to deliver the main works for the Forrestfield-Airport Link.
Salini Impregilo - NRW Joint Venture (SI-NRW JV) was selected from a shortlist of three.
Transport Minister Dean Nalder said negotiations to finalise the contract by May 2016 would now begin between SI-NRW JV and the Public Transport Authority of Western Australia.
"We envisage the contractor will mobilise on site in the coming months," Mr Nalder said.
"This is an incredibly exciting time for a project that will change the way the people of Perth, and in particular Perth's eastern foothills, travel to our city.
"Planning for this transformational project is well advanced."
Last year, State Parliament passed the Railway (Forrestfield-Airport Link) Bill 2015 and, at the Forrestfield station site, forward works for service relocations have been under way since December 2015.
"The State Government has a proud track record of investing in important transport infrastructure projects and I look forward to another eventful year on this landmark project," the Minister said.
The other proponents were:
- Forrestfield Connect (ACCIONA Infrastructure, BAM International and Ferrovial Agroman)
- JHL JV (John Holland and Leighton Contractors).
- Research shows more than 80% of the community feel positive about the project
- Due to open in 2020, the rail link will connect with the existing Midland Line near Bayswater and run underground to Forrestfield
- For more information, visit the Forrestfield-Airport Link website