A pedestrian footbridge at East Perth Station will close for 34 hours from 8pm Friday June 30.
The Midland Line will be shut down for four days in late September to facilitate major construction works on the $25 million East Perth Station Upgrade project.
- Charles Street bus bridge and busway to open Sunday, June 25
- Peak-hour journey times to be reduced by up to six minutes for northern suburbs passengers
- Transperth timetables to undergo significant changes
- Work has begun to build the underground station box structure
- The station will provide direct access to T1 and T2 for visitors and locals
- Project jointly funded by the State ($1.37b) and Federal ($490m) governments
- Forrestfield-Airport Link is the first METRONET project, creating 2,000 jobs
- Building the Byford extension (Expected completion 2023);
- Starting a program of removing level crossings on the Armadale, Fremantle and Midland lines; and
- Building new stations at Karnup and Midland.